The reason for today’s post is to let you know about two exciting developments coming up on this blog: “The Lightning Round” and “Now What? Series.”
- The Lightning Round
- Between now and Friday night, August 31, 2012 at 11:59 p.m., I would appreciate it if you would send me any financial question you may have. Don’t worry, there is nothing too simple, and if you ask something out of my league, I’ll tell you that, too. I promise to eventually answer every question I receive, but I will post at least 5 of the questions with 5 answers next week. Whether you decide to submit a question or not, you will want to check it out because I can almost promise that someone out there has the same question, curiosity, or need that you do. Also, if you don’t want your question posted or if you would like to remain completely anonymous, please let me know when you ask your question (otherwise, your first name will appear in next week's post). Feel free to contact me by posting on this site, emailing me, calling me, Facebook messaging me, sending me a telegraph, or any other means of communication you can think of. This was a suggestion from one of my readers, and I think it could be a really good opportunity for me to learn what financial topics you would like to know more about. If it goes well, perhaps we’ll have a “Lightning Round” a couple of times a year.
- Now What? Series
- If you’re like me, you probably cringe when you hear a speaker, teacher, or preacher say they are going to start a series. Well, cringe away, but please hear me out. Also at the suggestion from one of my readers, I am going to offer general, how-to road maps for 5 different stages of life that I hope will help you achieve your financial and life goals. Over the next several weeks we will cover:
- “You Graduated from College, Now What?”
- “You Just Got Married, Now What?”
- “You Just Had a Kid, Now What?”
- “You’re an Empty-Nester, Now What?”
- “You’re Retired, Now What?”
- Sure, I’m only a veteran of stages 1 and 2, but I have plenty of experience with clients, family, and friends in stages 3-5 that I’d like to share. If you find these how-to road maps helpful, I hope you’ll consider them in your life and pass them on to other people you know who might benefit from them.
Sorry if you were looking for financial advice today, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up for what is coming down the pipeline with 2 Much Cents. Tell you what, I’ll guarantee that the first person who sends me a question for next week will see their own question on “The Lightning Round” post.
Go ahead. I’m waiting…
Have a great week!